Medtronic 670g and CGM

I managed to get a new Medtronic 670g pump. I had to take it immediately, as my last pump was out of warranty. I have been on a Revel loaner pump. I am all gung-ho to use the new CGM, but right now Medtronic says they cannot send me the new CGM and sensors till October. Did anyone else have a similar experience? I also was unable to get the free 670g upgrade from the 630g that ended in April…due to my insurance not approving it for several weeks. It got approved 3 days later. Did anyone have a similar experience with that? Also, I just did an unboxing video on the 670g if anyone is interested. Please check it out and leave comments.

3 Likes

I think this is fairly standard for late enrollees. Remember there are dozens who signed up for the pathway program who are not getting pumps until fall.

1 Like

In my case (I am in the Priority Access program, but haven’t gotten the 670 yet) the Medtronic rep I spoke with last week said that they are shipping out the systems (= new pump + new Guardian3 transmitter sensors + meter) according to when a patient is due for more sensors. I hope this is accurate and I don’t end up with just the pump first, since that way I won’t really get an immediate sense of the new functionality (Auto-mode) and promised better sensor accuracy.

I do understand how in your case you were basically buying the pump first, separately from the “system”. October is going to roll around fast enough though! (I am expecting a baby in mid-October and already feel I am running out of time for all the prep for that. :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

I enjoyed seeing your video of the 670G. Med-T’s rollout of this product seems agonizingly slow. I wonder what’s causing it. It’s hard to wait when you know the pump will likely make your life better. Well, October will arrive and I look forward to your further coverage of the 670G. In the meantime, become an expert on the 670 stand-alone operation. When the sensors arrive you will be fully informed and ready to go! Good luck – I hope you are surprised and the sensors arrive early.

1 Like

Thanks for watching! Yeah I am looking forward to it too obviously! I am trying to figure out what is up my sleeve for next weeks video.

Thanks good luck with the baby!

Because of an insurance issue I got on priority access and will not get my 670 until next March. Now that makes a guy a little more than unhappy. I was enrolled in January and well, I am seriously disappointed.

Great video! The pump looks slick! Sorry you have to wait! What a tease!!

My 670G will ship Monday, but was told the sensors will be delayed due to a pre-qualification requirement with my insurance. Nothing was said about lack of availability. Im on the 630G now with plenty of supplies, so Ill just use that until I get the Guardian3 sensors.

Here is a follow up video of Booting the pump for the first time !

Thanks to all who have watched! Yes, I am lucky to have a new pump! Not even complaining. I just know a CGM would do wonders for me personally. I’d be totally happy with a 630g, but I can’t afford the upgrade later… being a single mom etc. So this is what works for now.

2 Likes

My rep told me this week that all Minimed sensors are backordered. Ver 2 and the new Ver 3 for the 670G are both backordered.

I just received my 670G pump, mine just went out of warranty and it was time for a new one according to insurance. I asked if I could keep my old 530 though with the old sensors because I had a couple of months of sensors left…thank goodness. I haven’t started training yet because I’d rather have the older CGM than none.

I have joined several Facebook groups including the Medtronic, Dexcom and Tandem groups.Several thousand members in each group. Several members in the Tandem group were using Medtronic pumps, but they were not having much luck with the Enlite sensors. They left Medtronic and joined Tandem since Tandem is integrated with the Dexcom CGM. They are very happy with that combination. Some people in the Medtronic group say they are having good accuracy with the Enlite sensors, but some are not. The Dexcom group seems very pleased with the accuracy they are getting. I love Medtronic pumps, and I am using the Medtronic 630G, without the CGM. I am also using the Dexcom G4 with a separate receiver. I really like that combo. The accuracy is very good.

1 Like

Hopefully the FDA and Tandem will get the X2 and G5 integration rolled out ASAP!!!
@Richard157 - Any chance you saw any further info on the X2/G5 or is that just a waiting game now?

@Tim35, I have not visited the Dexcom and Tandem groups for several months, so I cannot update you on the X2 and G5 at this time.