Methods of wearing a pump with a dress/skirt

I tried the thigh thing, but I guess I am too active. It soon became the "ankle" thing. For dresses (unless it is a turtle neck) I wear a pump camisole.

Also check out the waistlet things from Hips sisters. They have them with 2 zip pockets in them. They are close to the body, so no real bumps show.

Ladies, one more hassle you have to deal with, the we guys don't, and another of the 3,429,656 reasons I appreciate the fairer sex, believe you to be tempermentally far superior to us Cro-Magnon Y chromosome carriers.

i always clip my pump in between my "girls". can't see my pump at all

With the "girls," it is just difficult. When sitting with other people and the CGM buzzes, beeps--I need to leave or delve inside my bra to receive and deactivate the alert. Also, blousing in a group situation is also uncomfortable. I am not a bathroom hider, so it is public. I sleep in a soft bra and keep the pump very close so I will hear the alerts.

Pockets will always be my favorite.

If I don't use my cami (and I am adapting some cotton tanks to become cami's) I just clip to the center part of my bra. I don't have problem reaching in and pulling the pump out. I see that action all the time with mobile phones. My cami's hold both my pump asnd my CGM receiver so unless it's a turtleneck it is easy access. And the girls aren't that big anyway.

I put my pump into a baby sock and put it right in my underwear. Works for me :slight_smile:

How about this: http://typetanks.com/products-1.html

The look fabulous - I'm gonna order one tomorrow. Imagine, having type 1, going somewhere and NO PURSE!!!! and...no cargo pants. Pump, meter, CGM all in one fashionable place. I wish I had invented it.

Karen, thanks for sharing this.

Those tanks are fabulous! Shame only available in US.

I have to give LearningPatience credit on her blog - How I Keep My Dexcom on SO LONG video and a Type Tank Review Posted by on April 4, 2014 here on TuD. She deserves the share credit. I hope they can still be ordered, I notice the link is lacking order ability. But yes, they are fabulous!

I would think their business could really take off - not for us pumpers, but for all the people who CANNOT leave the house without their phone!

So you order via telephone?

Ha ha. The phone is the one thing I leave behind when I hit the trails! I was able to do the order process today / must have been high (or low) yesterday - LOL. So just go to the website to order.

Spanx!!! As a New York City girl and a T1, I can't wear skirts or dresses without them! They have bodysuits, half body suits, underwear, and even little pairs of shorts. Not only are they slimming but they keep your pump pretty close to your body. You can set it up to have it on your upper thigh or lower abdomen. I've worn some form fitting dresses with these and no one was able to see it. Now USING the pump to bolus required me to visit the bathroom, but other than that it went off without a hitch. Just need the Tandem people to develop a remote control for that thing and I'll be all set....!

For the summer, I'll do Spanx, but in a size bigger or so - I don't need the additional heat from something very body-hugging. I also will wear men's light weight boxer shorts for dresses that are looser fit. I have a couple halter sun dresses with which I'll wear the boxer shorts. I have a couple pair of black ones, lightweight knit. (I know once my husband took the laundry out of the dryer and complained that I had shrunk his boxers!) They are also helpful if a breeze comes up! In cooler weather I use my pump camisole. Easy access through the neckline - the cami has a pocket for the pump between the girls , and the CGM receiver fits in there too. Just not really easy with turtlenecks.

I live in FL and recently had the same issue that you faced wearing a dress w/ my pump. My husband God Bless him came up with a solution that worked for me. It's a Belly Band gun holster. it's all spandex with pockets in it normally for your gun, but I put my pump in it where ever needed. Moves with me when I sit no falling out, comes in white and black. Picked up mine in a Flea Market that had a vendor that carries supplies for concealed weapons.

There are also waist band things by hips sisters that have zippered pockets that can hold pump, CGM and your ID! They are very low profile and hug your midsection so the bulge of devices is minimal.

Have you tried the tslim rapid bolus mode for those special occasions? If there are no unanswered notifications you can just button press to bolus, don't need to pull it out.

I know what you mean when wearing tight clothes. I like to use the Leg Thing - Animas. Pump Wear has some very flat holders they come with a belt I just use a safety pin at times to hold it in place. What ever works with the outfit. I also might use the spibelt. I purchased different types of holders. At times it looks like I am wearing a cell phone. Thats ok too. It is not impeding my fashion sense.

I know it's been a while since this thread was started. So I don't know if you are still following. Also, I don't know what pump you have. I have an Accu-chek Aviva. I got a pouch with a detachable clip (so it's washable). It clips to the side of my bra. Yay!