MiniMed Mio Advance

Global News Wire

Mios are Caleb’s preferred infusion set for the MM. Were they not previously available outside the US?

Share2Print
February 21, 2018 09:00 ET | Source: Medtronic plc
New Infusion Set Offers Simpler, Faster, and More Convenient1 Insulin Pump Experience

DUBLIN - February 21, 2018 - Medtronic plc (NYSE:MDT), the global leader in medical technology, services and solutions, today introduced the MiniMed™ Mio™ Advance infusion set. The MiniMed Mio Advance infusion set is the newest addition to the MiniMed portfolio of infusion sets and gives patients a simpler, faster and more convenient set change with fewer steps1,2. The new infusion set will first be available in select countries around the world with plans to expand availability over time.

There is a mio 30 that has been available outside US for awhile, I wonder if that is now available for US.

I found this page on the Medtronic UK site. It shows the new MiniMed Mio Advance along with a video that features the insertion process.

1 Like

Aha! I see it’s Advance is a different device than the non-Advance. How interesting. The description sounded like it could be the Mio, except for the needle part - it looks like you don’t see it at all in the Advance. Interesting. The article doesn’t mention the US at all for the Advance.

The Mio 30 looks a lot like the Inset 30 that I used for several years with my Animas Ping. It looks different from the Mio Advance. Plus the Mio 30 inserts at a 30 degree angle and the Mio Advance inserts at a 90 degree angle.

2 Likes

I’m learning so much about Mios. I didn’t know they came in so many flavors.

It says it is for lean, athletic people or women who are pregnant beyond the second trimester. Here is a good video.