.newly on omnipod

Yesterday I started on omnipod for the first time and so far I absolutely love it! I have been on pumps before and never had good luck before. So I am really hoping to do better. I have had several complications from diabetes and I really don't want anymore. I don't know about anyone else but sometimes I feel alone (I have a lot of support) I could really use someone else to talk to that understands what I am going through.

So glad you're lking your omnipod! Hopefully it will help you avoid further complications by giving you better control.

I am considering the Omnipod after 37 years of MDI. But I am waiting until the newer, lighter, smaller version comes out, reportedly later this year. It will be about 1/3 smaller and lighter. I have never tried a pump so I really don't know how it will go. I suppose I am lucky though and I knock wood and whistle every time I write this, but I have had no complications so far. I hope you continue to enjoy the pod. The company seems to be very responsive.

I've been on the omnipod since December 2011 and like you, I love it! Been T1 for 30 years and never really took good care of my D until I went on the pump. i find that it's soo much easier to handle the day to day routines we go through being on the pod!