One Touch Ultra software doesn't run on windows 7 - 64 bit

I use the software provided by lifescan for my BS meter: One Touch Ultrasmart.
I recently bought a new computer with OS: windows 7 home premium - 64 bit (not possible to emulate XP on this version). I can run the One Touch Ultra software on my computer, but the software can not find my meter anymore. The problem is probably the drivers. I wrote a mail to lifescan. They answered me that the software is not compatible with windows 7, and not compatible with a 64 bit system. They are aware of the problem and working on it, but couldn’t tell when they have a solution (surprising, can not be that hard…)
Anybody a solution ??

Abbotts copilot software (Freestyle meters, Navigator CGM) also doesn’t work on 64-bit systems. Last time I checked with Abbott’s techies they had no plans to fix it.
The only solution for me is to use my laptop which is 32-bit. I did try dual-booting my destop with Vista64-bit and XP 32-bit but that didn’t work either.

Hi Frank, thanks for your input…
They will have to come up with solutions… 64-bit will become the standard in the near future, as 32-bit is limited to 4 Gb RAM. 4 Gb works for now, but as systems gets heavier…
So, we will have to be patient I guess…
Cheers, Nicolas.

I know you said you could do the XP emulation, but for anyone else who might, the One Touch Software does work in XP emulation within 64-bit W7. Even more of a surprise was the cable works as well.

Minimed’s Carelink Personal web based software is now 64 bit Windows compatible and downloads most major meters including Lifescan. It’s free. You’d set up an account and download your meter with your lifescan cable.

I’m on my MAC side right now or I’d add a direct link but the program only works in IE but I can link to Minimed’s main page on my MAC. From the main page click on Carelink at the top of the web page and follow the prompts to set up your account.

http://www.minimed.com/

Here is a thread from the Geeks with Diabetes Group on this forum that might help. The other option would be to upgrade to Windows 7 Professional for around $90.

It may be the cables. I recently got an Animas PING pump and was flat out told that the EZManager Max software wouldn’t work on my Windows 7 OS. I discovered, through Googling it, that there was an updated driver for the cable used to download my pump - I updated the driver and all works perfectly fine now. The driver is not being released with the software by Animas, so they aren’t telling people about it or providing support for it.

The problem is indeed usually the drivers for the cables. The actual software will usually run.

I have both the lifescan cable for the one touch meters and also the Animas One touch ping IR pump data reader cable. In order to get The Animas software to work under Windows 7 I found another post that gave the link to an updated driver by Prolific. That link is http://www.prolific.com.tw/eng/downloads.asp?ID=31 When I plugged in the life scan cable, which I have but don’t use because the Ping’s meter uses a different cable, it used the same driver. I can’t say that the One Touch Ultra software will work, but with the Animas software the updated driver has the program finding the pump. Give it a try.

Yes it is possible to emulate windows xp on home premium, you just have to own a licensed copy of windows XP…
You can use VirtualBox which is a freeware app… but youd be better off updating to Professional probably to get an XP vm if you dont have a full copy of Windows XP (not a system restore disk, but an actual windows XP install disk)…

Actually it can be that hard… They have to go through the FDA all over again…
But hopefully theres something soon to be avalible, if the rumour mill, and the animas reps know what they are talking about (Animas is affiliated with Lifescan/OneTouch)…

Doesn’t the Ping use a mini-usb cable?