One week to my Tri for a Cure

I had originally planned to complete a sprint triathlon to raise funds for Dr. Denise Faustman’s research into a type 1 cure. But that one was cancelled due to road flooding.

That was a shame, though training did give me access to beautiful views like this local lake early in the morning.

Fortunately I managed to find another tri (it's almost the end of the season). So a week from today I'll be taking part in the Mainiac Sprint Tri in Biddeford Maine. I will be swimming 1/4 mile, cycling 14 miles and running 3.2 miles (5k). If you live close to Maine, please drop by and say hello.

There’s still time to support my efforts. Details on how to sponsor me are on my triathlon page. You can send me as much or as little as you want, even a $20 donation helps support this important research.

Another way to support Dr. Faustman’s research is to use the diabetes search engine when looking for information about diabetes, or trying to answer diabetes questions. I send all the advertising income from this useful tool directly to Dr. Faustman’s lab. To date, this has raised over $120 to support her work. As more people use it, it generates more income. So please also tell friends about it.

I’ll post pictures after the tri is over.

Good Luck! I hope you have a lot of fun:) Just reading everything your going to be doing is making me tired…lol Have fun and Good Luck!