Pain with Pod

I changed my site this morning, and it actually hurt this time. I have had it on for 8-10 hours so far, and it is still painful. When I look at it, there is blood in the cannula, but my readings are normal. Should I change the pod/site?

If it hurts, change it. You’ll have to use a new pod but you may have hit a blood vessel so why be uncomfortable. Be careful when you take it off because it may bleed a lot at first so just keep some pressure on the site for a while and it will be ok. That happened to me a couple of times and when I changed the site it was ok. Not to worry. :slight_smile:

I’ve tried to hold out before, but found it best just to change it when it gets painful…especially when it’s painful from the point of insertion.
I agree w/ Janet - there’s nothing really to “worry about,” although it could be a bleeder, so just have some tissue, etc, handy just in case.
Hopefully the next pod you put on doesn’t hit a nerve like this one! Wishing you pain free pumping :slight_smile:

I’ve had a couple like this over the last year and if the pain does not go away after a few hours I also change them out. I’ve never had any performance problem with the pod during that period but I figure it isn’t worth the risk of a possible insulin interuption. Also I’d rather do a pod change in a planned fashion rather than have it fail in the middle of a meeting etc. Good luck.

Thanks everyone for your advice! I really do appreciate this group! Always so helpful and quick to respond! Its nice to have a support group who either has already, or may be going through the same things at the same time. My readings are still good, so just to see what would happen, I ate and did a bolus~most of the blood in the cannula went away. There is still a little bit, and its still tender, but I may just wait and see what the morning brings! Thanks again everyone :o)

Glad to be of help and good luck!