Please share your one word!

I am gathering information on how people felt/feel at diagnosis (of diabetes). You can read the whole post on my blog, or share your word here (one word that describes how you felt when you were diagnosed). I'd love to hear from you!

angry

Thanks, karebear!

I WAS TOO YOUNG TO THINK ABOUT IT ( NOT YET 3 YEARS OLD IN 1936 ).

Devastated - I cried.

Scared (I was diagnosed 1 week b4 my wedding)

Thanks, shoshana, Pastelpainter, and Stress!

(Silence) I was hooked up to glucose IV in the hospital after an operation, when a nurse came and checked my BG (with a giant stabber). She looked at the result and said, "You have Diabetes" and left. So -- well, absolute and stunned silence.

you're welcome...glad to have you on board

Relief. I wss in pretty ghastly shape until they figured it out.

Thanks, Trudy and acidrock!

Relieved. I felt so sick I thought I was going to die. When I got the Dx and it was "only Diabetes " (type-1), I felt very relieved. Little did I know !!!

Numb, but not really surprised as it runs in my family.

Thanks, catlover and Catie!

Relieved. (For the same reasons as AR)

frightened( I was 13)

frightened( I was 13,crumbled in my mother's arms;really scared because the doctor
said I had to go to the hospital.I knew too little about it to be to be scared of diabetes)

Thanks, Gina Y and Brunetta!

scared. I was 13, scrunched up and sobbing in my mother's arms. Knew too little about diabetes to be scared of it. I was terrified because the doctor said I had to spend the night in the hospital!! I didn't- He felt it would be too stressful.)

CRAZY no man in my family has had diabetes in DENIAL for years.