Pulling Out the Big Guns

Alright, I’ve had seven months of hell with Byram Healthcare and they have pushed me too far. Obviously they are a crud company, no one doesn’t know that, but has anyone been able to successfully contact a higher up? I ask to speak to a manager to get my bill field with OptumRX and they either hang up the phone or say, “a manager isn’t available.” I’m talking Perry Bernocchi, Gene Milligan, Michelle Knowles, etc. I’ve already left John Ras a voicemail but I’m not sure if he will call back. If I need to write to them I certainly can but I want them to hear the distain in my voice, all the stress that they have put me through. I’d love to hear some of your all’s solutions to constantly being ignored and not processing bills correctly through insurance.

2 Likes

Interesting the different experiences people can have with the same company. I have Byram Healthcare for my Tandom and Dexcom supplies and have never had a problem. So I’ve never had to raise an issue with them. I hope you can get this all worked out. It’s a special kind of stress when dealing with supplies necessary for your health and well-being.

1 Like

Yeah. I thought Byram was one of the good ones. I rarely ever problems with them, and they’ve been quick to fix problems when I do. Like overnighting me 3 free infusion sets when there was a paperwork issue and I was short on supplies. I know they suck for Medicare patients, though, because they follow the terrible timelines to a “t”, which don’t allow for shipping mishaps or prescription renewal delays, instead of bending the rules like the favored companies do.

I’m sorry you’re having problems with them. Would you mind sharing what the problem is? I don’t know a way to the higher ups, but maybe we can help find a way around the problem.

Sometimes its best to get support from your insurance provider/employer. Do you have an employer plan? If so, someone in HR/Benefits may be able to help. You should check for your specific formulary and coverage.

I have never had any issues w them. But I’ve also never needed to talk to them. I order my sensors. They arrive and they bill me the copay.

Write the ceo an email and or call if you can. I am sorry your are going through this. We are all just cogs in a wheel to them to make them rich.

If its an employer plan talk to your HR department about your issues. They will have a contact with the insurance company that may be able to help. Also if enough employees are unhappy with the insurance the company may change in the future.

Most companies want to provide benefits people want even if they have a budget.

I tried that and my HR lady got fired. No one from HR will call me back. Terrible company.

Thanks for understanding. It’s extremely isolating like your on a frozen island that everyone can see from a far distance.

I tried that but my husband worked at a factory at the time. This is a horrific place and HR never calls their employees back. I’m thinking about reporting them and I’m glad he’s at a job that respects his managerial skills and intelligence now instead of treating him like a number.