Recall of Smith & Nephew IV Prep Wipes

I happened to see news about a voluntary recall of selected lots of Smith & Nephew’s IV Prep Antiseptic Wipes on the Minimed site last night. The wipes may contain a bacteria so they’re saying you should stop using them. My box has one of the recalled lot numbers. I’ve used about 3/4 of them and haven’t had any problems but I’m still going to toss them out to be on the safe side. I was just back at Minimed to buy some other kind of adhesive wipes and I’m not sure which ones I should get. Any suggestions? I’ve had a pump since Fall 2007 and have only used IV Preps. Thanks!

I get the Skin Tac and Tac Away from the Minimed site. SkinTac is for additonal stickiness. TacAway is used to remove residue from adhesive but could be used as a prep wipe too.

Interesting. I did not know that Skin-prep had different levels of sticky. I happen to have the 420400. It is what Liberty Medical sends me. I called them this afternoon and they are sending me a different brand as a replacement though I can’t tell if I have the recalled ones or not. And yes, I have looked in the right place so I think mine are ok. But will use the new ones.

I'm totally late to this thread. My supply company, at the time (as I've moved and changed insurance) started sending me the ReliaMed Protective Barrier Wipes as a replacement.