Roll Call! Which is your "go to" testing finger?!?!?

Good Morning Friends! So now that we’ve had the chance to hear where so many people are from… Up next…!

Left hand ring finger. I think maybe it keeps my husband in check…:wink:

Our two year old gets to pick his finger…and inventively he always wants one of this thumbs stuck. We do thumb a lot, but we mix it up too so that the thumbs get some rest.

1 Like

I use all ten all the time, but the next-to-last one (next to the pinky) seems to be the . . . most productive. Easiest one, always reliable.

My left hand fingers get hit the most with that middle finger being drafted most often.

When I used to do most of her fingersticks, my daughter used this as an opportunity to flip me off! :wink:

4 Likes

My preferred finger to user? YOURS! :wink:

Seriously, most of the time, my middle two fingers on my left hand trade off. Middle two on the right sometimes. Pinkies occasionally. I only ever use thumbs or index fingers if I’m using the Dario meter (it’s sample size and needle are much smaller) – otherwise those hurt me too much…

4 Likes

My right hand takes most of the punishment. All but the thumb get hit. Funny enough it pretty much guaranteed that my left hand will test lower than my right hand. Not sure what that is about.

2 Likes

Left thumb. Lots of real estate and I can still use it for hitchhiking.

4 Likes

My left-hand tests lower as well. Left finger betweent he thurmd and middle

1 Like

That’s funny – my right hand always tests lower than my left. I’m a lefty, but that can’t be why…

1 Like

My pinkies seem to produce the best, my index and thumbs are more calloused so I have to change the lancet setting…

I’m trying to rotate more and succeeding. I overused my pinkies and second fingers.

Left middle (along the side). There’s a big callous at the tip, but unlike 1,2 and 4 not used much for barres.

Joel

My right thumb produces blood the most easily, so I save it for times some of my other fingers refuse to produce any blood from a lancet at all. And that is often. Next best is my left thumb.

I used to favor my left ring finger, since it was the least sensitive. Now that I test upwards of 8x a day, they all see some action, including my index fingers.

1 Like

I usually go through all ten and start over but once in a while forget where I left off night before and usually pick middle finger of one hand or other just in case I am wrong, I’ll only double punch a couple fingers on my left or right hand…

I rotate one finger for the day but the best “bleeders” are the pinkie!

1 Like

Since my dx 32+ years ago I’ve always rotated on a daily basis, so each finger gets a 9-day rest before it’s his turn again. I think I started the habit right at the start on the same principle as rotating injection sites–after seeing those pix of hypertrophy I always took that seriously as well, not that fingersticking causes hypertrophy (duh). But as a musician I don’t mess around with my fingers so I don’t want to overuse any of 'em.

All that said: pinkies bleed the best, ring finger for some reason the worst, and the side of my forefingers opposite the thumb always hurts like the devil.

I rotate between pinkies, rings, and middle fingers. For some reason I don’t like to use my index fingers or thumbs! I try to rotate every time, but I will admit that sometimes it’s random.

1 Like