So im diabetic and i smoke a good amout of ganja

With effects delayed (according to individual), it’s hard to bolus accurately.

More so with edibles, take a small dose then work your way up. It takes about 30-60 minutes to feel the effect and the high lasts longer so if you over do it, you can be uncomfortable for a longer period of time. Some coffee shops also have pills so you don’t have to worry about bolusing for the carbs. Have fun in Amsterdam, its a beautiful city with tons of great food, coffee shops and museums (check out the van gogh museum) and canals.

I don’t know about pot - I don’t see the need for it. But what worries me on this post is how many people smoke. Please, please STOP. I lost a sporty, energetic friend to smoking and diabetes in his 30s. It just accelerated all the basic complications and he died a sad drawn out death. If you want eye problems, kidney failure, neuropathy, heart problems, a stroke or two, erectile dysfunction (men only) and heart failure then go ahead smoke.

35 is not as far away as you think. And once the damage is done…

I knew tons of massive stoners who got zonked out of their gourds eating it instead of smoking it. Be careful!

I plan to be really careful (as I said, it’s a first time) and to trust the staff about the effect. And to prime the staff about my diabetes (will they allow me to sit there for like 5 or 6 hours?) and have a regular coke ready or something in case of a low… and check BS regular (if I don’t forget about it). Thanks for your input!

oh, and listen to “Piper at the Gates of Dawn” with headphones on…

Well, to sit there for 5 some odd hours, and the staff waiting with a coke at the ready just in case…almost seams not worth it!!! See the art of masters instead…architecture…canals etc…even in my young and wild days, I don’t think I would have just sat around waiting for the stone to hit!!!

Oh well…if it’s Pink Floyd!!!

Headphones, the Rijksmuseum is a good day for me! I did that in NYC and had a great time…16th century music for 16th century art, etc…

Hehe, sounds great!

i smoke and quite a bit and for a few different reasons.

first off and foremost one should have the ability to treat any life long complication with whatever pain relif or just life relief management. (i.e. some people choose to knock back a totti, or have a beer or glass o’ wine. with diabetes we all know how much more steps go into drinking with diabetes and the oxidation of the alcohol and due dilligence by us). i find i don’t have to do this with pot, although i do have to calculate insulin dosages with any type of ‘munchie’ i may get but again i calculate insulin a 4 am dizzy from sleep and high blod sugars and can do that just fine and haven’t had a problem dosing yet.(i have had dangarous lows from drinking alcohol though, none with pot.)

secondly i am on my feet all day long and on top of just the normal everyday pain in my legs from being in my restaurant 10+ hours a day it helps (not forever just while i am high) so i smoke throughout the day.

what i can’t seem to understand is why people still have the ‘stoner’ image throughout their head, currently i am on the board of directors for our local chamber of commerece, on the special events committee and planning for the city i live in, oh and yet i still find time to work 60 plus hours operating my restaurant…

i smoke because i have a more clear thought process than one whom is drunk i smoke because it elps with the pains my life causes and brings, i smoke because it is a choice that i make to live out the limited days i have left here. life to me is a total of quality versus quantity, a proportionate balance for a full life…

but thirdly i smoke because drugs like lyrica have warning of RECTAL BLEEDING AND DEATH among a host of other warnings. the only warning i have heard with pot is beware o the munchies and less lung capacity. (of which i still free dive and spearfish)…

you have drug companies who push a sythentic herion to deal with pain that has more side affect than what it is dealing with; or an all natural completly trackable plant with thousands and thousands of years of use and NOT ONE DEATH from the actual smoking of pot you can’t OD because you fall asleep( i have had 6 friends die of perscription pill od’s that addiction is about as bad as crack and that is a site to see a crackhead looking for another fix)

There have been a few DUI accidents involving cheeba although I think that the urge to the couch is a built in (engineered?) safety device?

I would be more intrigued by the medical applications except for the fact that the “pharmacists” I’ve seen interviewed all look like guys you’d be leery of selling a cup to at a kegger, perhaps partially because of their unhinged blathering during interviews? I have to rush off to the salt mines or I’d find a video.

hey acid i do believe there have been DUI’s for cough syrup/ and or lysterine as well.

now while i don’t condone operating any heavy machines while under the influence of anything anything can get you high but it is still illegal to get behind and operate a vehcile the act of getting high though is less actionable.

kinda like a book on how to murder someone or be a pedo is legal but once one acts upon those things is when a crime has been committed.

just some food for thought because i don’t have to been high to drive, those are poor decisions people make and as with any other DUI should be punished under all applicable safe driving laws. just because you smoke or take a type of medication to help one deal with life doesn’t give one the excuse to be negligent or ignorant to the safety of others.

Why not combine the best of both worlds? The van gogh museum post brownie could be fun.

Other Pink Floyd headphone classics from back in the day.

Echos (from the days when it took a whole side on vinyl for just one song )
Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun (they just don’t have song titles like that any more)
Careful with the Ax Eugene (a tad darker than the first two selections)

Well while smoking anything is bad for you, a few things

1. There has been multiple studies of cancer and pot and still no link has been found between the two
  2. THC acts as a vasodilator which actually opens up your blood vessels as posed to tobacco which constricts them’
  3. I hate the mis conception of pot smokers in general, I have been smoking since high school through college and through my current career roughly 4-5 times a week after work. I’m 26, in the highest tax bracket and don’t “waste” my life or am not “functional” because I smoke.

Look at it as someone who has a glass of wine after work to relax, weed is the same thing a few tokes to relax its recreational and calming. As to its affects on blood sugar, I can tell you a few times the munchies from it has caused me to be high at night after eating food I shouldn’t have…but overall my AIC’s are still in the Mid 5’s.

vasodialator= “golden ticket”? Hmmmm, I have read that it helps neuropathy as well…

If you have never tried pot before, I would smoke it first before eating. As bubbaluv said, the high is much harder to control. And with the stuff I imagine they have in Amsterdam, 2-3 hits and you’ll be so stoned, it will be hard to move from your seat for a couple of hours. If you eat it, you may end up being uncomfortably stoned, much higher than 2-3 hits.

Also, I’m not sure I would trust anyone in regards to how high you would get. Its completely different for everyone, and pot, like alcohol, you can build up a tolerance.

Oh yeh, and use a bong. I always loved smoking out of a bong (I think thats the spelling)

Boom biddy bye bye,
Jason

Amsterdam= hookah!

it does in a sense, opening blood vessels allows more blood to flow in…my biggest problem with MJ is when I smoke and I do go low I usually can’t feel it until the 40’s. However with CGM that is no longer a problem

Yes! Its been a while and I completely forgot about the hookah. Go with that!