Stop!

Idk one moment I’m doing great and feel comfortable within myself and the next I’m not so great. I hate feeling different! I miss going out to eat with my friends and not caring about what I’m eating or having to make sure that I take the right amount of insulin to cover that meal. Then if I don’t take the right amount I feel real bad and yucky. I hate having to give myself shots 4 to 5 times a day and then sometimes if I do go out I have to do it while I’m out and feel like a side show freak. I hate having to explain every little detail to someone about what I’m doing and why I’m doing it. Sometimes I just want to be left alone. Don’t notice me checking my BG or giving myself a shot. Don’t look at me as if I’m contagious because I’M NOT. STOP giving me the “oh sorry for you” pat on the back when you find out I have diabetes. If I do feel like informing you that I have diabetes it DOES NOT entitle you to tell everyone we come across. It is still my business and my life NOT YOURS! Stop asking me if my mother having lupus caused this…THE ANSWER IS NO! STOP asking me how to do I feel…How the freak will you feel? When you get your test results back saying you don’t have diabetes…don’t flaunt it in my face and say you were worried for a second because GUESS WHAT…I live with it every day and i wish I can float under the radar and just have a “close call”. Wish I could get a pat on the back and say just eat better and exercise…guess what…I do both and I’m still stuck! I’m tired of crying and people think I’m being a baby because after all I look just fine. Yeah I look fine because I don’t want people to feel sorry for me. In reality I’m in pain…physically and emotionally I’m just drained. Some days I just want to sleep in all day. Guess I’m done venting for today.

p.s. people need to watch what they say or do to people. I’m still human and have feelings too and WILL NOT be your lab rat!

XO