Strange things/situations you've done while low?

I’ve known lots of diabetics over the years and it always seems we do odd ball stuff when low. When I first tried lantus about 6 years ago. I got put on such a high dose that I apparently woke up with a b.s. of 23. My friend had dropped by in the morning to check on me and apparently when he arrived i was walking my dog in the buff in a cold sweat pale as a ghost in front of my condo complex and had no idea what my name was. Needless to say him and my ex managed to get me back in the house after i was arguing with them over the dog needing to use the restroom. A few glasses of OJ later and wow talk about an awkward rest of the day!

I seem to go in this odd autopilot of doing house work when I drop below 50 anyone else have any funny stories of lows?

Awesome story!!! I am nowhere near as exciting I just get the shakes and have trouble focusing.

Wow epic! Clever kid! LOL

I’m sure I have some nasty temper stories on highs.

I was told, one time when I had a low of 19… my boyfriend @ the time couldn’t get me to respond,called the paramedics who gave me glucose & tried to bring me to the hospital, apparently I had other idea’s & asked the paramedic to “marry” me??? Yeah, silly things you do when Diabetic, huh?

I’ve had to interrupt a few intimate moments due to my old friend Mr. Hypo. Sometimes you try to push through but, alas, it becomes too much of a distraction. (I think I can I think I can…err…nope…I don’t think I can)

“Don’t move sweetie, I just gotta get some sugar in me…what? No…really…it’s not you…its me.”

Thanks again Mr. Hypo, you’re still the ultimate ____blocker.

laughs Wasn’t it on Seinfeld where George tried to eat a sandwich during? I tried this once because of a low. Talk about a moment killer. It was fruit though, not a sandwich. I’m not that brazen.

I believe it was a Pastrami on Rye.

Okay, maybe not funny at the time, but I fell through the glass shower door once. I screamed, my kids came running… my husband was TOTALLY ignoring me (he says I’m overly dramatic!) til the kids were screaming bloody murder. Then, he came… One cut. Not bad. And it was that 50-year non-shatter-proof glass, so the pieces were really scary to look at.

I also passed out with my son on my lap. He was about 3 weeks old, my daughter was 3. She called 911 and her father. She still uses that episode to write great stories for school projects.

But, the best (which I think I’ve mentioned on another post), was when my blood was 15 and the EMS technician said “You can’t be talking to me with a sugar reading of 15” and I said, “Well, I am.”

THE ONLY FUNNY ONES I REMEBER ARE WHEN I WAS WAY YOUNGER, ONCE AT LUNCH IN SCHOOL I DECIDED KETCHUP WOULD GO GREAT WITH MY BROWNIE, AND WHEN I WAS IN SECOND GRADE I WINDED UP SITTING WITH THE 6TH GRADERS DURING A TORNADO DRILL… ALL THE OTHER LOW WERE NOT SO FUNNY

Not too many funny ones for me (the most common reactions to a low for me are heightened temper or immense sweating), but a cute one was when my daughter was 3 and I was home alone with her – I told her I felt a little low and wanted to test. She sat there and waited for me to do the test, asked if I was low (I was) and disappeared. She returned with a handful of m&m’s from her candy jar, “Here, Daddy, you can have these.”

Aweeeeeeeeeeee

Tell the preacher “HURRY UP, I AM HUNGRY!!!”. But I was just mumbling, though…

on a low i once asked why my piggy bank was flying.

Toooooo sweet!!!

Once, in the middle of the night, I yelled at my mom to come to my room. When she got there I told her to get that horse off my wall. I was very angry that there was a horse on my wall and I took it out on my mom. Of course, there was no horse on my wall.

U sure you weren’t on something else?

Last year, we were at a winter festival, when we were walking back towards the parking area, my son then 6, decided that instead of walking he would roll around on his side, I asked him to stop, he’d get up and walk three steps and throw himself back onto the ground to roll again (preventing people from walking by), he did that a few times. I took him aside and tested him and the meter said “LO”, tested him again and it said that again (instead of a number)…

LOL. I’m positive. I was only 12 I think.

I don’t know if anyone else does this and it definitely doesn’t occur everytime that I had/have a low but if I happen to be playing a game like Scrabble, Atomica, Wheel of Fortune, etc. when I’m low sometimes, my brain just finds the answers/moves really fast without having to think really. My Son has mentioned how Good I am at the games. I’d check my sugar and normally at those low numbers I’d be really tired and needing something sweet. I recheck to make sure but it comes out the same.

My Son and I thought that was unusual and I don’t know why it happens like that and I can think so clearly and quickly.