Suggestions for Insulin Pump Supply Companies

I’ve been using CCS, but they’ve changed their carrier & I’m having trouble with the carrier. Can anyone recommend Edgepark or Byrum? I’ve used both many years ago and I think I had trouble with both of them. Can you give me names of other companies?

1 Like

@Looking_for_Answers , I have used Byram for about 7 years since Edgepark and Solara were removed from the Anthem BCBS provider list for fiscal improprieties.

Byram is tough. When you start and annually, Byram will review your coverage, and assure each and every claim has all the T’s crossed and I’s doted before processing a supply order. This may seem stiff and unkind. In reality, it is not. The outcome is when the dust settles, what was said before the order is what is said after the order is cleared by your insurance. Peace of mind.

There is one more point. Every person using any external provider, supplier or provider, should follow these ideas. They may be a little strong. However, it is you and your care needing to be delivered in a timely and accurate manner. Here it is.

Supplier strategy The one thing I would share for any supplier is:
[1] if your doc sends anything to the supplier, get a full copy.
[2] have the document in electronic form on you computer.
[3] if the supplier gives you any guff, call customer support.
[4] if customer service says “we don’t have the doc",
[5] tell them you will email an electronic replacement
[6] insist on the rep’s email & email the doc with telephonic and reply email confirmation.
[7] if you get the forms room or similar must do the scanning, they must have screwed up, so email is the way to go.
[8] once the customer no-service verbally & by email reply confirms receipt, tell the clerk to assure your doc’s document gets in the system since you now have confirmation it HAS been received.
Hope this helps with the game strategy.

This is not original with me.

1 Like

What’s the one that uses the wire? The older one. I’m just starting to learn about these. I might try the one with the wire. The clear wire. It’s been around a little longer.

I get my dexcom through byram. I pick it up at the pharmacy. I dont get it in the mail. You can ask your doctor to do that for you if you need.

Wire???

| J1112
November 6 |

• | - |

What’s the one that uses the wire? The older one. I’m just starting to learn about these. I might try the one with the wire. The clear wire. It’s been around a little longer.

Yeah the wire that connects to the pump or something. It’s an older model but still in use. Sorry I’m being a little vague. I have just started talking about these with my doctor.

Ah, tubing carrying insulin from pump to cannula in skin.

| J1112
November 7 |

• | - |

Yeah the wire that connects to the pump or something. It’s an older model but still in use. Sorry I’m being a little vague. I have just started talking about these with my doctor.

There was an old version of a cgm that used an actual wire to a transmitter. It was used for diagnostics back in the day before being put on a pump.
It was a disaster to shower and you didn’t get the results, you doctor had to download it after several days.

Thank god those are not in use. I hope you are not considering something like that if you could even find one now.

Normally the three sensor companies make sensors that use telemetry, wirelessly sending the data to your phone or pump.

The pump has a tube that Carries insulin, but three is no wire.

1 Like

I am using CCS for several years, currently for Tandem pump supplies only. I get dexcom G6 locally, through pharmacy.

I had some issues with CCS, but it was during early covid, and employees trying to work from home. So often long waiting times and dropped calls. But last 18 months have been fine.

1 Like