Tandem pump users

Just yanked the tubing/wire on my pump pretty hard by accident, it got stuck on pants and didn’t realize it, so it yanked pretty hard right at where the tubing leaves cartridge and prob the leur lock section…would this cause an issue with delivery/damage the wire? How can you tell?

I have seen the tubing get yanked very hard. We never had an issue from that.

Maybe once the infusion set actually came out. All the other times, nothing happened and no action was required.

2 Likes

never a problem for me either.

1 Like

I’m curious about your reference to a “wire.” Do you mean the infusion set tubing, perhaps?

1 Like

I also have never had an issue at the connector. And this again is why I like the longer tube. If I get caught or hung up on something, I have enough tubing to feel it before I pull the set out. And I guess if you pulled that hard, I would just check the connector and make sure there is no insulin by feel and smell. A small leak might not show up right away with liquid but the smell will be here.

2 Likes

If you see damage to the tube or smell or see insulin leaking then it’s damaged or loose, otherwise it should be ok. You can tighten the luer lock connection or the new one, not sure if that’s a luer lock or not, by disconnecting and tightening. Also run some insulin through the tube while disconnected to make sure it’s ok.

1 Like