Third Party Clip for 670G

I have heard many people mention that the pin in the belt clip for the 670G (and other models in the 600 family) sometimes slides out. I have had this problem as well, and even though it is a minor enough problem that I can deal with it (since it can be easily & quickly fixed without needing to carry any tools around with me), it would be nice to not have the problem. I was wondering if anybody has ever heard of any third party clips (which, of course, do not lose their pins)? I would normally not buy any third party stuff for my pump, but this is just a belt clip, so it is an exception.

If you call Medtronic, they will send you new ones no questions asked. I have collected four to carry around in case one goes bad and I do not have a spare. If you call the 800 number it is automated.

Note: I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things about Medtronic devices or the company. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.

I understand that, but carrying around extras is not a desirable task (not to mention it is normally not necessary since the pin can usually be pushed back in). My goal is to not need to push the pin back in (at least not so often). If you had a battery that only lasted 30 minutes, you’re not going to carry around extra batteries, you’re going to try to find batteries that last longer. If you have a that easily rips, you’re not going to bring a bunch of extra shirts, you’re going to find a higher quality shirt. Would you rather have 10 bad apples or 1 good apple? I’m trying to find the good apple.

The thing I dont like about the 670G clips is the notch on the end of the clip. It makes it difficult to unclip from my belt. I found the clips for the Animas pumps work. so thats what I use. Now that Animas is out of business they may be hard to find though.