Today is the day

Today is finally here. Today is the day that I go see my Endo for the first time. I am really excited and a little nervous at the same time. I am really hoping that I like him and that he listens. This will also be the day that I find out if he will authorize me for a pump. That is what I am nervous about. I just hope he is not one of those doctors that thinks I am not a good candidate for the pump. The only criteria, I think, for being a good candidate for the pump is if you have Diabetes. Everything beyond that becomes a personal preference.

So I will be leaving work early (3pm cdt) to go see him. I guess, if I do not like him, I can always see another Endo but I had to wait 3 months to see him and the other Endo that i would see if this one does not work out is even harder to see. So wish me luck. I will post again when I get back

-Chris

I think as long as your doctor is sane, and you go in there with the attitude that you want better control and are willing to do what it takes to get it, you will have no problem.

from reading your posts, you seem very knowledgeble, i think you will be just fine.
Good luck

Good Luck. I’m sure it will go extremely well, especially since your so well prepared.

I am going to see mine tomorrow, where I’m inquiring about the pump as well. Your posts have helped me alot.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi Chris:

So how did your appointment go?? Please
tell us that you’re Happy with your Endo.
What were his thoughts about you getting
a pump?

Terrie

How did it go? I hope you liked him and that you get the go ahead for the pump from him! If not…go elsewhere (: I’ve only met a few people that I thought wouldn’t be good candidates for the pump that were interested (mainly people suffering from dementia, etc) or else the people who thinks they can put it on and forget about their diabetes…