Today marks a personal goal

Today marks a personal goal. I made a lifelong decision to myself a few months back to become very healthy. I changed my entire diet, I’m active every day, I’ve consumed way more water that I ever thought possible, and I’ve found out just how many muscles and sweat my body contains! In the last 3 1/2 months I’ve ran a total of just over 100 miles!! I’ve beat my 5K time by 10 min! I’ve added an extra 15lbs to my workout weights, I’ve increased my stamina, gained more energy and lost a total of 12lbs!! A lot of people ask me how I do it? What supplements do I take? What protein shakes do I drink? Well… The answer is ALL NATURAL! I don’t take any supplements or weight loss pills! (Nor have I ever). I don’t just drink off the shelf protein shakes… I drink an all natural super food shake once a day and I’ve completely 100% changed my entire diet! I buy organic all natural food and stay on the outside perimeter of the grocery store. I portion out my food, I prep my meals, and I consume the correct amount of each food group that my body needs a day! I also add in 1 shot of all natural raw organic apple cider vinegar twice a day and 1 tsp of raw organic honey a day. (Look up the benefits!!) With cancer, high blood pressure, cholesterol and my type 1 diabetes running in the family, it’s extremely important to me to make sure I teach my boys how to take care of there bodies that we were given and try to live as long as we can! Since this decision, it went from a ‘daily struggle to be healthy’ to my way of life. I’ve had 2 knee surgeries …my most recent less than a year ago, and since then my knee has hurt less!! (Granted I’ve had my days and nights I’ve slept with an ice pack and fell asleep to my wonderful husband massaging my swollen knee, but its improved!) my skin has been clearer, I’ve been happier and I’ve learned to accept the body that my kids ruined! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I always thought I wanted to just be “skinny!” But even that’s changed… I’m loving the definition I’ve noticed in my arms and legs…it’s my way of life and it’s beyond worth it!

5 Likes

Great work! Watch the apple cider vinegar. I tried that and found it did seem to make insulin zippier but I also read that it’s extremely harsh on your teeth!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and I do understand the fact about its acidity and how it can be harsh to your teeth, but it’s effect on my good health out weighs the down side. Besides I see a dentist often and brush a floss at least four to five times a day and my teeth are in great shape for the time being…

Congrats on all your health efforts. You’re making a great investment in yourself. Being active is the critical catalyst in good and sustained blood sugar control.

1 Like

strong is the new skinny! you look great and sounds like you feel awesome-good for you! excellent work!

1 Like

Good on ya! I practice a very similar relationship with health, and it inspires me to read about your successes :smiley:

A tip for ameliorating effect of ACV on teeth: I “oil pull” with coconut oil for about twenty minutes every morning. My teeth and gums LOVE it! My teeth are “plumper” and stronger, and my gums are tighter around my teeth. Here’s a link to explain what it is: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/05/05/oil-pulling-coconut-oil.aspx?x_cid=20141021_ranart_oilpulling_facebookdoc

Before I started oil pulling, I had to get my teeth cleaned every three months due to deep pockets. The pockets are all reduced by at least half now, and my oral hygienist says she hasn’t ever seen so little plaque buildup before…and I am now on an every six months regimen :wink:

1 Like

Congratulations @Trish1! A very inspirational story.

1 Like

I just bought a jar of coconut oil and will be starting an oil pull from what I read from your link
Thanks!

1 Like

Awesome stuff. Thanks for sharing and congratulations.

1 Like

Go @Trish1!!! Amazing job :smile:

1 Like

Just an Update

Been working real hard at getting this body in shape, BG has been roller coasting allot lately too. My sensitivity has changed as my workouts continue so we are now doing weekly consults and making adjustments to pump tech

1 Like

Feeling great other than a few lows hitting me from working out to hard and not being balanced enough carb wise and temp bazal being off

I’ve read that brushing too often (and too hard) can wear away your enamel. And since it does wear a bit as we get older, why hurry that? A thorough 2-minute brushing after breakfast and before bed, along with flossing at least one of those time (before bedtime brushing) should be enough to keep your pearly whites in good shape and not cause erosion of the enamel.

People often say, it’s so hard to get motivated, I wish I had the energy and drive, it’s so hard to stay on track bc I love this certain food! Ok… so you love that certain food … does it love you back??? *we are prisoners of our taste buds! Here’s an example of what I mean: My favorite thing was sour cream and salt! I LOVED it, and I mean loved it! … but the question was, did it love me back? NOPE! It contains ingredients that made me gain weight, feel bloated, made me swell up so bad that I could barely wear my wedding rings, and I was in the bathroom with a stomach ache all the time! So the reason I say that is there’s certain things that we love, but we love it bc it becomes comfort to us. When all it’s doing is masking what we don’t want to face - which is how much you’re afraid to love yourself. So you’re eating something and you start looking in the mirror and see that you’ve gained weight…and now your even more depressed, bc that thing that you love so much whether its Starbucks, chips, sour cream whatever… is showing you how it feels about you. By showing you, it’s adding weight to you - which is affecting your mind - which affects your confidence - which is affecting what you feel your self worth is. So when you look in the mirror all you see is the extra weight, which is not YOU. Inside YOU are filled with happiness, joy, success, positivity, self worth, drive & beauty… but it’s all being covered up by that one food that you love, which doesn’t love you back, instead it’s hurting you! (Follow me?) it affects your mind, so you don’t think clearly. When u don’t think clearly you see the negative side of things - so now your not confident. You have self doubt. If your not confident, you won’t be motivated to workout, or meal prep for the upcoming week. Now you bring on depression and anxiety… then all that starts to wear on the people surrounding you AND we are supposed to be helping each other!

Looks like a good goal. I hope you can achieve it. All the best!