What a Whirlwind!

Just a bunch of mid-week thoughts:
I can not believe that there are only two weeks until Christmas. It feels like 2008 has just begun! I completed my Christmas stuff two weeks ago, just adding some finishing touches to some things. This year all the siblings are making things. I think it’s a pretty neat idea. Definately more meaningful.
I might be loosing my job pretty soon =[ It’s a family runned print shop, and business is so slow that they may have to make some cuts…that includes me b/c I am the newest employee. I’m hoping once the new year comes around business will pick up some more. Goodness knows it’s so hard to find a job in this economy.
Good news. I have had a stubborn wart on my finger for 5+ years, even a doctor’s remedy didn’t work. But I have finally got rid of the little nuesense. All it took was a week and half worth of apple cider vinegar. I highly recommend this stuff for anyone battling one!
There’s been this thing bothering me for a while, and I’m not sure how to handle it. In January of 2008 my mom was diagnosed with Type 2. But she worked hard to loose weight and eat right, now all she has to do is check her level one time a day and take metformin twice a day. It always seems she’s trying to out-do my diabetes. I have lived with shots, pricks, highs, and lows for 11 years. To me, it no where compares to what she has to do. It seems she wants people to know she has it hard, too. Maybe I am just playing the victim here, but it hurts when she says tells people about her diabetes and what she has to do. Like she’ll order a drink from starbucks and say I have to have splenda I am a diabetic. And all the time, I am thinking…she could have the sugar if she really wanted without it affecting her like it would me.Ugh, I don’t know maybe it’s just me. I just don’t know how to handle it. It feels like she is in a competition to see who has it worst. No mistake, I love my mom to death, and she is always there for me for everything. This is just one thing I can’t seem to shake off.
Anywho, I plan on taking a trip soon to see my sister in MA. She just moved into a new apartment after being squished in a one room place for a year. So she wants to show it off =] I know I will definately enjoy that.
Enjoy your holiday festivities!
Sugarrbabie

I can relate in a small way my dad is type 2 and has been for a while… I was diagnosed this year type 1 and while I am on shots & test 4-5 times a day. My dad tests once a week(…don’t even get me started on that one) and keeps a good regiment on what he eats. All of a sudden he tells me well if I lost a little weight it would fix itself. I have tried to explain the difference between type 1 and type 2 to him. I think after 5 months that he finally “gets it”. I truly understand that level of frustration but, to them they do feel their struggle is just as hard. Try the “we” have both been fighting hard this year and although your types of diabetes are different you could help her as you have had this longer and share with her as you share here!!! Maybe setting a new years resolution together you could both support each other. Years ago I pushed my folks to lose weight with me I offered to go on walks with them (after my workout) and I think it helped. I may not have gone with them often but, I did inspire them to do more than they would have if I did not say anything. Happy Holidays!!!