What does everyone drink? Need fresh ideas, son's bored with the same low-carb drinks I buy him

He rotates with milk, Hood low-carb chocolate milk, Vitamin Water Zero, Sobe’s Lifewater, and Hansen’s diet soda. He think misses real lemonade and juices. Any ideas. :slight_smile:

Crystal light has those little individual packets that you can carry with you and dump in a water bottle and lots of people love those. If he does ok on zero vitamin water (which has about 30 carbs per small bottle), then he will do fine on the crystal light.

Yes, we also do Crystal light Prue Fitness too, it has 6 carb per packet. Vitamin Water “Zero” has 5-10 carbs depending on size and flavor.

Cranergy is only 9g of carbs/ serving although it has caffeine in it. That and diet coke and coffee are my big drinks these days.

Ocean Spray has a cranberry and cranberry/grape juice that I buy and give to my non D son it is made with splenda pretty sure it has only 10 calories and 3 carbs along with 100%DV Vitamin C. I drink unsweetened almondmilk (blue diamond) which has only 1 carb 35 calories for one cup plus added vitamins, it also comes in a yummy vanilla flavor that my little boy likes at 2 carbs per cup. Then theres Minute Maid Light Lemonade which has I believe 5 carbs and theres also powerade zero that has zero carbs.

I buy huge bottles or real lemon juice from Costco and make my own version of lemonade with stevia or splenda. You can basically use just a standard lemonade recipe and substitite for the sugar. I also do the crystal light.

SORRY!! You are right… I was thinking regular vitamin water not zero… sorry about that :slight_smile:

Great Ideas people, thanks, keep them coming!

I like the lipton and snapple diet ice teas and also Minute Maid has a diet lemonade in a can.

No big deal, bought the wrong kind once, husband drank it.:slight_smile:

the gatorade g2s only have 7 grams of carbs. Those are pretty good after playing outside. Also kool-aid single packs have only 7 grams of carbs. It may not be low carb but if you go with a half of a serving you are looking at about 8 to 10 oz of 3 grams of carbs. The juice pounches that every kid drinks at parties and home are 6 oz of sugary fun. So i really dont see any difference if you split the servings of a 12 oz drink to get a 3 grams of carbs.

PowerAde makes Power Zero in 4 or 5 flavors. It is like Gatorade without the carbs or calories. We also use unsweetened Coconut milk by SO. It is nice and thick and is great in smoothies or making cream soups. We also make our own iced tea. I boil a kettle of water and pour it over 6 different flavored teas in a teapot. I let it steep then pour it over a pitcher of ice cubes. My husband likes the Celestial Seasoning’s Zinger Ice with stevia. We usually mix and match flavors.

Sugar free kool-aid! They make cherry and grape, but you can make your own any flavor using whatever sweetener you prefer (stevia, nutrasweet, splenda). Just add one of the flavor packets and the appropriate amount of sweetener. There are so few flavors of crystal light that I like that this is one of my favorites. But if you don’t like artificial flavors/colors this is out…