What is your favorite exercizes?

Hi Alice, I go swimming over in dandenong. they have a large (and a good setup) pool there. we go after work most Fridays as its open later plus after that we might go to the shops :slight_smile: They have lap lanes but Iā€™m like you I just like to swim were everā€¦ I ride my bike here and there as well but my dog past away 2yrs ago so cant take him for a walk :frowning:

Cheers
Christina

I have just got back from a tought 4 mile walk with my Health Walk group. Itt included a steep hill. Please come visit me so I can lend you a dog to walk. I have 3, one of whom is blind.

Hi Hana, 3 dogs would keep you busy with walkingā€¦ I would love to take you up on the offer but you live a little bit to far away from meā€¦lol

An everyday thing for me is walking and itā€™s easy, but there are some days that for sure it doesnā€™t count because of the cutie maltipoo Iā€™m walking. I love my dog, but does she have to smell every tree and bush along our route!!! So at home I do Zumba, The Firm, Yoga and TaeBo. For the last two weeks Iā€™ve only been doing TaeBo since I just found my tapes in storage and remembered how quickly I dropped weight and toned up in college when I first did this. I have an elliptical, but it totally kicks my ā– ā– ā–  if Iā€™m on longer than 10min. Iā€™m trying to get in shape so I can do more physical activity in a social settingā€¦tennis (I miss this!), the gym, 5k, rock climbingā€¦

Judging by your picture Veronica, you aree youn enough to be my grandchild. I canā€™t do some of thos things you list and donā€™t have space for large equipment, so walking it must be.I take it a Maltipoo is a mix of Maltese and poodle.
I have Italian Greyhounds, who will walk at speed for hours, but wonā€™t sick their noses outside the door while itā€™s snowing.( which it has been all week)
Iā€™m in the South of England

Pilates and kickboxing, best strength and cardio in the world!

For me there is not favorite, its really just anything I can do to get my heart rate up, ill give it a shot. I work from home and about a 12hr work day. A blessing and a curse. I dont even have to walk to my car. So with that in mind, ill sometimes resort to ā€œchair dipsā€ or calf raises while stuck on the phone. I do try to get to the gym for 2-3 hrs 5x a week, do account for being on my butt or back the other 21 hours of the day with usually a 50/50 resistance/cardio splitā€¦ but its hard on the joints to do that that way. Thinking of getting a schwinn 231 recumbant bike, its whisper quiet and could pedal during con calls. :slight_smile:

kickboxing looks pretty intense, i need to give that a shotā€¦ they have it at my gym, just not anytime i go. Pilatesā€¦well i tried that once, the ladies had a good laugh anyway lol

I did 45 minutes of hard water exercise this morning, followed by another half an hour or so in the gym, just treadmill and bike.

Ride my bike every day and walk for about 20 minutes every work-day at lunch. As a last resort, if I canā€™t ride my bike I have a Life-Cycle.

Dancing, Hiking and Nautilus :slight_smile:

For muscle building, I have recently discovered resistance bands. You can do everything that you could with weights, but they donā€™t hurt your feet if you drop them. They are suitable for all standards of fitness. I am a grandmother, just trying to tone up a bit, where I have lost weight. Also they are cheap!

Hi Kathryn:
Not sure if you are still on here but you mentioned that you liked exercise to music. Have you tried Zumba (Shakiraā€¦Out of Africaā€¦Waca Waca)? Best thing Iā€™ve found to bring down the blood sugars.