So - what did I learn over the last couple of weeks?1. I STILL hate being diabetic!
2. I STILL hate the pump. I thought that it would help me to shed those unwanted pounds. So, I reduced my carb intake incredibly. I use on average 45-50 units a day. Did I lose any weight over the last 3 weeks? Nope - nada one pound! I exercised on the other devil device, the treadmill, got my big beautiful bod up to 3.0 for 35 minutes 3 times a week....and no weight loss. Go figure.
3. Last night I realized that I don't want to be on the FREAKING device for the next 50 years! So now, I'm doing the happy face on the outside - sad inside thing....I'm not someone who gets depressed but I was feeling it last night. I can't really dump it all on hubby, kids or friends - they knew how happy I was to finally get the pump...but boy, are my hopes getting dashed! For the rest of my life.... :(
4. I am now allergic to the infusion set. So I just switched to IV prep 3000 under the site. We'll see in 3 days what it feels like. My first reading after using IV prep 3000 was NO DELIVERY so I tried it again and it seemed like it worked. Maybe the cannula got twisted or something (like me! ha)
Sometimes I feel like a powerhouse (I am SuperMOM cooking food for my 3 kids eat from scratch, helping with homework, cleaning, laundry, chauffering etc., working my 40 hours at work, being a wife (yup sometimes it is a chore - I gotta admit it) other times I feel useless and sad that life is so hard and that I have so many things to do. Breathing sometimes just does not come naturally. I haven't figured out if I feel like that because I'm stressed or if my BG is screwed up.
ok enough of the rant...there are some positive things...
1. I found this website. Thank you. Helps to know that I am not alone...
2. No more jabbing myself all the time
3. Love love love the carelink usb. I love stats and that is right up my number crunching alley
4. What do you think? Do you have any suggestions for me about weight loss?
My food intake today was 1 boiled egg, 1 slice (no butter) high fiber bread (31 g c), salad with 4 walnuts with 1 whole wheat pita for lunch, 1 banana, 2 tangerines, rice and black bean casserole (approx. 3/4 c. brown rice). So far today I used 52 units. By midnight, it'll probably be up by another couple of units.
Thanks for letting me share. Now time to SHOVEL!