Your worst diabetic experience?

MountainCat,

Beats anything that's happened to me as well. Agree, incredible.

One of my top worst was running out of syringes when pharmacies here close at 6 PM on weekends. Insulin & no way to inject it. Felt like an episode from The Twlight Zone. Called the ER & begged. No luck, even though I'd been a DKA patient in their hospital. Told them if they didn't sell me a few syringes, I'd sit in the ER until I was sick enough to be treated. They didn't care. I had syringes for animal vaccines, but didn't know how to figure out comparable units for insulin.

But, that sure doesn't come close to telling cops I was on angel dust & driving a car over a wall.

Oh. man, you’re not kidding…I’d forgotten about this till I read your post, but during the seizure I had in my sleep, I’d bitten my tongue so hard that it hurt for WEEKS.
Eric
Eric

Hey, Doris
Oh. man, you’re not kidding…I’d forgotten about this until I’d read your post, but during the seizure I had in my sleep, I’d bitten my tongue so hard that it hurt for WEEKS.
Eric

I have the auto off on on my revel it’s set for 12 hours so if I don’t push a button in 12 hours it shuts off

This has nothing to do with me. It has to do with the reality of diabetes. I don't know how anyone with diabetes can look at the current meter commercials and not want to kick their foot through the F*****g screen. My current job (though I don't really like it anyway) will probably be history real soon as I keep making mistakes. My boss is baffled how I can screw up so much just pulling simple orders. I keep telling him its most likely my glucose as I am costing him a few hundred bucks a months in mistakes. I believe I could have amounted to something and possibly had a real career had it not been for diabetes as my concentration level has been destroyed because of it. The government should pay my bills as far as I am concerned especially if they are behind slowing up a better treatment or cure. As I keep saying the tools we have are not effective enough to keep us well nor safe. Something has to change! Like tomorrow.

In the US, the MM Revel only has the auto off, which is not directly related to having low BG. Auto off means if 'x' hours have passed, without any buttons being pressed, then it will shut off the insulin. It is under the Alarms settings, and you set how many hours.

In Europe, if you have the MM with new Elite CGMS, then there is an actual connection between the CGMS BG and pump. It will shut off the insulin when CGMS BG is low, and then turn back on again when BG reaches normal. I'm not sure if this is an optional setting to turn on or not.

This is expected to be available in US in future, pending FDA approval.

How well this works is based on how accurate the sensor CGMS BG is. Some have reported the MM Elite is more accurate than what is available now in the US.

OMG done that one too! I guess the worst seizure I had (now remember I wasn't thinking right at the time LOL) was the seizure I had in the Gro store. OK My way of thinking.If u hadn't paid for it u didn't get it.Now how dumb could u be?? All kinds of food around u to fight off that low and ur mom's voice is in the back of ur head telling u to pay for it....sigh................. It was either that one or having a seizure during jury duty..Hey I got out of it but wasn't planing on it that way! LOL!

strange…I had a similar experience with the screaming…it was the only way I could wake myself up and get some help from my wife! It also felt good?!

To add to MegaMinx comment : Canada's MM Veo /CGMS ...Sensor menu has a " low suspend " setting ...this is optional and users choice ...mine is set at 3.3 ( x 18 )