Craigslist posting

This has got to be the most hilariously terrifying posting I’ve ever seen on craigslist… and just for those who don’t believe that it’s real, I’ve included the link…

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/hab/2290284752.html

Medtronic Mini-Med Insulin Pump- New in Sealed Box. I also have 9 boxes of Quick Set Infusion Sets that have expired dates, but still work perfectly for $60 per box. They are made of PLASTIC. They are 6mm canula with 23 cm tubing. Reservoirs of 1.8mm too. I will trade even for 9mm canula sets, or consider partial trades for hand guns, rifles, ammo or vintage motorcycles.

Who would have thought that trading infusion sets for hand guns was a good idea??? LOL

Not to mention, isn’t illegal to sell a prescription item when you’re not licensed to do so???

Anyways, it’s a great laugh nonetheless!

Enjoy!

Elizabeth

You are right, Elizabeth, that trying to sell a prescription-only item “on your own” is illegal. Especially if his/her insurance paid for most of it - then it’s insurance fraud as well.

Yikes.

And, selling something with an expired expiration date and saying “still work perfectly” is ignorant, because the expiration dates for something like canulas is the date the FDA has agreed the product is still considered sterile. It isn’t the same as medication where it becomes less potent.

I did get a good laugh that someone would try to get firearms for it.

I have given away insulin and contact lenses on craigslist. I couldn’t legally sell them. I keep extra insulin in my fridge because I broke a bottle once when I dropped it on my tile kitchen floor. When I changed from Lantus to Levimir I didn’t want it to just sit there and to bad. I am an engineer. I hate waste. I wouldn’t have tried to sell it, though. I bought colored contact lenses and used one pair. They gave me headaches. I figured it would be nice to let someone else try to have violet eyes if I couldn’t.

I wonder if it is stolen. Who would sell that on craigslist?

This is an artifact of the underground economy that results from the high cost of healthcare. If people can’t afford meds of supplies through normal channels, then this economy arises. You would be shocked what is bought and sold when your life depends on it, but you can’t buy it at Walgreens or Rite Aid.

BTW, this also drives people to quack medicine and homeopathy, etc.

scarry! the person who posted that is obvioulsly not the brightest bulb in the chandelier~ (legalities, insurance fraud, etc… all the reasons others have already posted… plus probablly more!)

Elizabeth,

Thank for the laugh. Awesome what he is trying to trade for!!! WOW

I won’t even look at Crig’s List for all the above mentiond. And that one you put up to.

This is the kind of thing that really ticks me off. New in sealed box – if someone paid cash for something and decided they weren’t going to use it, they would take it back but because their insurance company paid for it, they don’t care. And people wonder why rates keep going up. There are lot of people here having to fight to get test strips – just think of how many test strips the money that insurance company spent would buy.

Hey Kelly the one thing that got me really bad was earlier this year my daughter bought a car off of Craig’s Lst fot $3000 dollars. She snt the money to the address right? She thinks she’s gotten such a deal with both me & her dad telling her “If it sounds to good to be true than it usually is” Anyway they were suppost to ship the car (yep out of state) to her the next week

Long story short she didn’t get the car and the Western Union check was cashed. She lost it all. She goes to the police station to make a complaint about it and the police tell her there’s nothing they can do (what I told her to start with) OK she don’t listen then she funds a dog (chiwiaa) for $40 and gets it…The thing bit her 2 times and growled and showed her teeth til we got someone over here to get the dog and he put a blanket over the dogs eyes and puts it in the pet carrier. M daughter takes it back the sameday she got it. THEN we find out the dog is NOT caught up on it’s shot’s of any kind. So she has to go through the rabies shots b/c it hadn’t had it’s shots! The woman put the dog back up on Craig’s list the next day but she warned ppl that it “Might bite” no mention of her needing shots. That’s why I won’t mess with it!

I would never have sent someone a Wester Union check for $3k! You are right, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

I hoped your daughter learned her lesson & quits buying stuff from places like that. I have bought some stuff off of eBay but I use my Paypal account - between my credit union & Paypal, if I have a problem, I at least stand a chance of getting my money back.

Yep, I’m with you Kelly. I don’t buy anything without going through paypal! The thing is, I can’t believe the post is still up! I mean, it’s such a great trade… expired sets for a hand gun!!! LMAO!!!

All I can say is wow…

Gosh, you have to realize how much this is an underground economy.

Look at this listing for a guy wanting to donate his kidney.

Or this search for insulin. Heck, a lot of this stuff is expired, as well as illegal.

You are not likely to find this stuff on ebay, ebay is policed. But craigslist you can find nearly anything.

I have an old OmniPod for a Glock if anyone’s interested…

I had to check this wasn’t a Pittsburgh posting because I’m expecting my pump to be delivered soon, lol. I’d be spitting fire if somebody just took it out of my entry way and sold it.

LOL well, ya gotta give them credit for being honest.

Great idea but in the US it is illegal to purchase, or get for free, medical supplies without a prescription. Of course, I wouldn’t do it myself.

The expiration dates are junk, I wouldn’t let that stop me for a minute.

Ahahahah!!! Awesome!!!

I’ve seen the most random stuff on craigslist - i.e.: free bees, free rocks, weird oil paintings, etc. But that kind of takes the cake. I’m not sure how durable medical supplies fall within the law of selling, honestly, but it is all shades of alarming that he was willing to trade his diabetes supplies for bullets and guns.

I’m willing to trade my animas pump (slightly used, but still in working order) for the following:

1. 1 million dollars
  2. A Petite Lap Giraffe
  3. Full paid tuition for the remainder of collegiate meanderings (may extend outside of any degrees earned)

No other offers will be considered.