Dexcom customer service

i have never had a “smart phone” but now that i have the G5, i am considering getting an iPhone from APPLE. my husband and i both have the very out-dated “clam shell” cell phones. i am no techy by any stretch of the imagination. i am still figuring out my pump after 14 years.

anyway, to stay on point, i will call Dexcom tomorrow morning to ask them which iPhone i should buy so that i can sync it w/ my G5. i am hoping i have a good experience w/ their tech support when i want to “hook up” the system.

Any iPhone that is a 4s or above will work with the G4 Share & G5. The latest iPhone is 6s, so you have many options.

After several calls, I was finally able to speak to a sales rep on 12/22. My insurance had been verified in Sept, but the current Rx was expired. Unfortunately, due to an error in routing the paperwork (apparently Dexcom sent it to pharmacy side instead of medical), we were unable to place an order before the end of the year. Deductible has now reset, & we will be Dex - less for a few months.

One thing is sure, when we’re able to place a new order, I’ll take my chances with a 3rd party supplier rather than Dexcom.

That’s frustrating. Whenever I place a medical supply order, I assume that whatever can go wrong will go wrong. I place a note on my calendar to follow up on the order’s progress. I’m sure I’ve irritated more than a few customer service people but I tend to get my stuff supplied when I expect it. I try to be polite yet persistent.

1 Like

You should call Dexcom back and let them know that, because of their error, you will be Dex-less for a while. I’m hoping that they would be willing to make up for their error by giving you a few freebie sensors, at the very least…

I did follow up. Twice. The holidays worked against me. There was no time to get everything sent again.

The sensors aren’t the only problem. The transmitter passed 12 months on the 15th. We got the low battery warning yesterday so from past experience, we may have 3 days left.

I’m sorry, I thought you placed the initial order in September.

Keeping track of all of the supplies needed for diabetes is not easy. Well, if you’re like me, you always have to pay an annual deductible. In my adult life, I’ve never gone a year without paying it. I just see it as a basic cost of living. I realize that cash flow, especially with the holidays, can make things tight. I hope you can get all this sorted out soon. Good luck!

I started the process to order my new transmitter on 12/20. I was getting ready to start with new insurance so expected a delay…It’s been 2 months. The last person I talked to told me that she had inherited my file from someone who left and had been locked out from retrieving my info. Well, OK! She didn’t seem the least concerned about my being without service or product. Just pretty much over dealing with whiney Diabetics. I am guessing that whatever is going on there has the customer service reps feeling under appreciated and over whelmed. I might be feeling under appreciated as a customer, as well.

1 Like

@lainiep I think you’re absolutely right. I don’t know what’s going on at Dexcom, but their customer service now is definitely not what I’ve experienced the past 6 years.

i never had a Problem with them.

Hi Donald,
I live in New Jersey, called them directly last week and have been told they have a back order of G4. I have to wait 2 WEEKS. This is ridiculous!
Thank you,
Wonderkid (parent of child with type 1)

I have a MM pump and the Enlite CGM. I always love their pumps, but have not had good luck with their CGM at all, too many “lost sensors”. But they always replace them for me, so at least it hasn’t been a financial burden on top of the incredible hassle. So I was considering switching to the Dexcom CGM, but over the last few weeks I have heard so many horror stories about their customer service and problems with the G5. It makes me wary so I’m keeping an eye on these comments.

I have also never had a problem, but I have also never had a problem with anything I’ve used from them. I’ve never had to call with any issues as I can usually find the answer in the material that came with it or online. All my ordering is done online also. I get a notice saying my order is getting ready to ship and if I need to make changes to do so before shipping date. It’s easy and fast.i also do the same with my pump supplies, everything is done online. Sure hope they get things figured out for everyone having issues. Hang in there. I do believe it is worth the battles. Been one of the best things added to my management plan.

1 Like

We began the process of getting a replacement system this morning. Hoping for better luck than the last time. Battling the flu with no CGM was not fun.

You’re definitely not alone! Switching from the G4 to the G5, was horrible. The 5 is so bulky, that I was banging it on everything and it’d rip off. So id have to call and have them send me a replacement. It seems like since the 5 came out, they haven’t stepped their game up because it took TWO weeks for my replacement to get to me. It’s just ridiculous. I got switched to FIVE different people and they’d all redirect me to someone else. Just annoying. Hoping they can get their crap together.

Hi all, this is a related question but somewhat off topic. My son is new to dexcom 4, loving it, I always hesitated to have him start this, having another site , i felt it was another level of helicopter parenting! and might make him feel hyper aware of about his D. However, he is 17 and getting more independent and occasionally caviler and/or careless and it was his idea to start it, i thought it would be another way to help keep him on target and ok like having me in his pocket when he goes off to college without having to say a word!! Anyway we got a message from dexcom saying he needed to update to some ?cloud thing so he would be able to communicate with his doctors office to download data, i will call them but was kept on line for a long time earlier for a simple question, any idea if this is only for dex 5 he doesnt use his phone as he does not have an iphone. thanks for any imput! Amy

So here would be a second part to this question, for those of you that don’t have any problems are you financially unconcerned with paying for supplies and those that do have issues do you try to make your medical dollars stretch?
I know I make a box of sensors last as close to 2 months as I can by restarting them but Dexcom try’s to push the automatic mailing and billing.
I like to order as needed but could easily do an auto send and pay out of my flex spending account.
That just seems wasteful to me so I don’t do it.
It is obviously easier for Dexcom if they don’t have to work with you and can keep an auto sale rolling.

@Donald_Hantsbarger we have always tried to keep expenses down, for ourselves as well as the insurance company. We’ve always extended sensors past 7 days. Maybe that’s part of the problem. I considered signing up for autoship but based on our experiences the past 6 months, I don’t think so. I read through their Facebook page last night. It seems a lot of us are in the same boat.

I called yesterday to see where we are in the process. When I called a week ago I was told they had everything they needed from the endo from our previous attempt at ordering, & would submit to insurance that day. I was given a name & contact info for our account manager. It still hadn’t been submitted yesterday, & the account manager has not returned my calls. We have dual coverage until May 1, & must go through Dexcom directly for one of them. After May 1, we’ll be switching suppliers.

Dexcom has a phenomenal product. Their customer service needs serious work.

And still no Dex.

But they’re submitting to insurance tomorrow.:grinning: