Edgepark Alternative

I just switched to edgepark, but only for my g6 transmitter. Other than a bump in the initial process where they went behind my back and requested and then filled a prescription from my doctor when I told them not to until I decided who to get it from, for the sensors and the transmitter, it has been OK so far and you just reminded me I have to pay the co-pay for the transmitter, just half the price of what I was paying at Solara.

They billed my insurance on that initial order but I paid no copay and it wii be refunded to the ins but it takes 90 days.

I heard even worse things about the alternative so I still decided on them. I was getting everything on 30 day and 21 day supplies from solara for years and now will be getting most of my pump and dexcom at express scripts which is going to be significantly cheaper by hundreds, so far anyway.

1 Like

Yea edgepark used to give me the same bs all the time, Iam also done with them

FINAL UPDATE: I just cancelled all orders with Edgepark!!! I am now getting Dexcom supplies from Byram and TSlim supplies directly from Tandem. I am OVER THE MOON!

Thank you to everyone here who responded with encouragement and ideas! I really appreciate the time you took to answer me in my hour of need. I will still need to work out final payments with Edgepark, but once I am done THIS time, I am REALLY DONE with Edgepark! :tada:

1 Like

It depends more on how your cgm is covered. My plan pharmacy benefit added Dexcom G6, so I can get at local pharmacy. Prior to that had to get shipped from DME that was valid for my insurance.

Dexcom made significant effort to support Pharmacy to stock and supply. I think most walgreens do.

USMED has been amazing. I also started with Edgepark-Impossible.

I love US Med for my CGM supplies and I have Dexcom G6. I had Byram before that and liked them. I get my infusion sets and cartridges for Tandem pump from Edgepark. They seem to be able to handle that. I made the mistake 2 years ago and tried to consolidate all at Edgepark. They absolutely could not handle the process for Dexcom supplies. At some point I may switch all to US Med. I have Medicare and supplement. Other than deductible I have never received a bill.

1 Like

@JVG I am on Traditional Medicare with a supplement and use USMed for my Dexcom supplies. I agree - they are great. I recently tried to switch my Tandem supplies to USMed as well just to simplify things and found out USMed is ā€œout of contractā€ with Tandem and they are not able to be my Tandem supplier. Evidently, this is a fairly new thing as I was told if Iā€™d already been getting Tandem pump supplies through them Iā€™d be grandfathered in. Iā€™d be curious how it goes for you.

I havenā€™t heard that. I just received a message that my supplies were shipped. I wonder if there will be new information in that package to alert me of future issues.

Clarification: I get Dexcom supplies from US Med and Tandem supplies from Edgepark. Obviously from what you said, I will leave it that way since itā€™s working for now.

Beware of CCS medical - They are upgrading their website and ordering process right now and it is not running smoothly yet. They asked me for a copay on my most recent Dexcom order and when I told them no copay was due as my secondary insurance covered it, I did get an email back saying that they checked, no copay is due and they are working hard (which I believe) to get their new website and ordering process perfect.

I have a pending Tandem order from CCS Medical. The status since Sat is that it is on UPS, but still in Florida. Assume delays due to recent hurricane.

Otherwise they are ok, and only supplier I could find for my insurance.

CCS has always been awesome for me and even now when I had an issue they took care of it right away. I would not order supplies anywhere else but do plan for a possible glitch or two with my next couple of orders until they have the small bugs worked out of their new system

Iā€™ve had very good luck with Edwards so far. They got me my first 90 day shipment of Dexcom supplies within a few days of being on my new insurance, my first time on DME.

In all my years in Business I have never experienced anything like this (POS) company. Its only a matter of time before they hurt somebody. Anybody using them better move on to one of the suppliers listed in this topic while you still can.

1 Like

I know this thread was about a month ago but since then I too have had it with Edgepark. Checking: I want to be sure. Is CCS different from the USMED that is discussed above? I have found CCS Medical and my insurance is listed for that supplier on their website. I found a different website for USMEDICAL. I canā€™t find a list of insurances on that site. I can call my insurance but mainly it sounds as if either has some satisfied customers here. I appears that I will be calling CCS. I wonder if anyone else here has since switched to CCS.
I want to finish out orders for this year (1 more) and start with a new company in '23. Iā€™m tired of having to verify every order 3x by phone and also every time they send me to the website to auto order my 3 month supply they are ā€œout of this itemā€. Which, oddly, they are not out of when I call them by phone. TruSteel, for example. I have never had their website order system work but phoning used to work.

Does CCS ever tell you that they did not get the drā€™s renewal fax? When you know your dr office is consistent and fast in sending all pump and cgm supply renewals? Thanks.

CCS is awesome and proactive, and I have not had any significant issues with them. They have had a great relationship with my drā€™s office and not once have I had to get involved with any issues between drā€™s office and CCS. The CCS website is easy to use and they send me a reminder every month to verify my last and next dr visit and order my supplies which takes about 5 minutes to do online and then receive a few weeks later by UPS sure post.

@dallious I actually spoke to my insurance rep and told her (essentially :joy:) the same thing. And GUESS WHAT? For 2023 the whole company has changed to a different Rx provider. I am a ā€œsqueaky wheelā€ and I let her know how badly I had been treated. I even referenced this forum and their 1.2 stars on SiteJabber. Edgepark Reviews - 66 Reviews of Edgepark.com | Sitejabber ā€” I would like nothing more than to put Edgepark out of business for the horrible way they treat people. I rated them 1-star on Google too.

Wow. Never heard of sitejabber but will look it up. As if I need another site to go to! But this one I will. I have been the gobetween for Edgepark and my dr office for ages. So aggravating. the back and forth. Thanks for that info.

Thanks, CJ114. I will call them soon to get the change in process.

Iā€™m having a nightmare. Years ago I switched from Edgepark to a wonderful provider, New England Home Medical Supply. They were just taken over by AdaptHealth and are now exactly like Edgepark. Constant begging from me to get my supplies. Itā€™s frightening and frustrating, especially when I have great insurance. I was forced to buy my own in case I run out. That is not sustainable AND I have insurance. I would love suggestions for another supplier. Iā€™m in Massachusetts but maybe that doesnā€™t matter?