Iintroducing the "artist" me

Art is my passion. I call what I do “Weaving Worlds”…I weave embroidery thread :wink: Here is one of my pieces. It’s titled All I Am–A self-portrait

14 Likes

Lovely. I did a lot of embroidery at one time. Too much arthritis now. And as a costume designer, I loved working with paint on silks. This is a delightful technique!

2 Likes

Beautiful :slight_smile: I’m an artist too, doing painting and photography mostly…

4 Likes

My last painting, colours are a bit off here. Judith, I love painting on silk too, bit like watercolour, and the colours have a sheen that is amazing. I used to dye or paint fabrics and silk ribbon and threads to use in my embroideries. Can’t seem to thread a needle these days.

8 Likes

Ugh, that picture came out a lot too big.

1 Like

@Pastelpainter I, too love the dreamy water color effect. I also had fun being inspired by fractals for this costume—many yards of a heavy silk, dyed and painted for my piece “Descendants: A History of the Future.” It was one of five, each a different rich color and with different designs…

7 Likes

8 Likes

9 Likes

I have some watercolour…but can’t locate them at the moment!

2 Likes

All of you are so talented.

4 Likes

Love these, @Linda_G . They remind me of old etchings. Beautiful! Thanks…

2 Likes

Thank you @Judith_in_Portland !! I would have LOVED to see the silk being dyed and painted…so sensual.

2 Likes

I love this thread, shows so much background to the artists’ lives.

3 Likes

Oh @Pastelpainter painting fabrics, to me, sounds wonderful. Drawing one back to the earth. Another element I would love to work with, is glass. Your painting up there, is a pastel? The blend of ochre is gold like. Captivating!

2 Likes

@Ahnalira…I wish I could see your actual piece. It’s beautiful the size it is here …it would be even more so full size. How big is it? It’s something I’ve never attempted, embroidery, other than what was mandatory in class when I was a wee girl :wink:
This group, as with others, further exemplifies that we are multifaceted! We are so much MORE than diabetes!

3 Likes

I also did embroidery when I was younger
Also needle point
Now can,t hold a needle
I also used to collect stamps
Any hobby is good

3 Likes

For some reason I can’t see any images except for yours… Hopefully here is a photo of one done with fisheye pro… I don’t have the regular images on my laptop and my other computer is in the shop.

7 Likes

Linda, its acrylic on paper. I have been struggling with landscapes in acrylic, prefer oils for landscape, but oil is so messy. Glad you like the colours, took quite a while to get them right.

2 Likes

@Pastelpainter …I’m not fond of painting with acrylics either…they dry too quickly, as well…the colours don’t seem to blend as well.

1 Like

Thanks, @Linda_G :blush: It’s 27 inches wide and 20 inches tall… took me a year to weave and bead. The picture doesn’t really show the beading–cherry blossom tree has beaded leaves :wink:

1 Like