Iintroducing the "artist" me

@Ahnalira…that’s a big work of love! Could you take a pic at a dif angle? I have a large piece that I want to upload here…about 36" x 24"…it’s something I do with old window frames. I streak them in a blended die or paint, then paint atop that…insects, plants etc., but to do it justice, I have to focus in on certain areas.
Try to zero in on the beading :heart:

2 Likes

Hi all–I finally found a couple slightly blurry shots of some embroidery I did, but now I’m not seeing any pictures—or avatars. This happened awhile ago, but I thought they’d fixed it??? I, too am loving this thread…I’ll post some more when we get our beautiful visuals back!..Love…

2 Likes

I never found the beading and metallic threads showed up in my embroideries when I took photos, you miss the flash and sparkle in a photo. I’m a bit of a magpie since I love the glitter.

2 Likes

Love the Happy Pussycat Meee. Clever use of stitches.

2 Likes

The All I AM self portrait sold so I can’t take any close up pictures… but here’ another one–the one I actually did the cherry blossom beading on…my mind got confused :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:-- with a few detail shots…
Here’s the full picture:

Here’s a close up of the beading

The line work

and the pond

8 Likes

Yes, can see the beads, clever use of beading. Like all 3 pictures, very detailed.

3 Likes

Wow! So much talent here. How wonderful.

3 Likes

@meee…I LOVE that cat!!! The colours are so vibrant!

2 Likes

Wow @Ahnalira…what beautiful and meticulous work!!

2 Likes

I also restore old window frames. I stain them and do a rubbing with darker or lighter colour…then paint insect/animals/plants on them.

8 Likes

Would love to have you come paint my window framies, @Linda_G!

3 Likes

@Linda_G,
Really nice frames!

3 Likes

Thanks Linda :slight_smile: I have to do some more kitty paintings soon hopefully… I’m just finishing up reorganizing things in my studio… @pastelpainter thanks Maureen :slight_smile: there are no stitches it’s a painting based on a drawing I did years ago.

4 Likes

Beautiful!

3 Likes

This is a sketch I did of our daughter Danielle, when she was 3 1/2.

4 Likes

This one is a sketch of Timothy, our son, when was 3.

3 Likes

@Linda_G, I really do love these pencil/pastels sketches—could you do one of my grandson from a photo? I would be happy to pay you!..xx000

2 Likes

They are all so wonderful
So much talent

1 Like

Judith…I would love to try…but as a gift…no payment please.

1 Like

@Judith_in_Portland…the sketch of Timothy is done in marker.