Recommend a supplier

This is great info! I L❤️VE this forum for this very reason. I am so glad you chimed in & I am saving this post.

I have used Advanced Diabetes Supply and they have been excellent for service and reliability. I get my Tandem pump supplies and Dexcom CGM from them as well as Humalog insulin delivered by UPS every three months. I have never had an issue with Medicare billing for everything and my Medicare supplement payments with Cigna are processed seamlessly. I have never paid anything out of pocket except for my Medicare part B deductible. I have never had a delay in ordering and receiving supplies. I have used them for the past 4 years. I highly recommend this supplier. Their contact number is 866-422-4866.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I have heard of that company and always have noticed many positive comments. Thanks for mentioning that name since I had forgotten about them.
Jane

I also use Byram and have been pleased with their serice.

Thank you.

i would give wellstart a try. you can always change your supplier whenever you want. but i have been with them for years without any issues. a poster above said what they told me you cant order a new pump from them on medicare but you can get the infusion sets and the cartridge thingys every 90 days. they also send my dexcom every 90 days which a lot of these other companies dont do

Thank you

I have been getting my Dexcom sensors and Medtronic pump supplies from Wellstart for the past 3 yrs and have been very happy with their service.
I am getting an new TSlim pump. I had to get the pump from CCS but will continue getting my Dexcom and Tandem supplies from Wellstart.

Medicare pump is 13 month rent to own with a 5 year warranty - verified with Tandem. Others should be the same.

Byram Healthcare is best in my opinion.

Solar is now owned by Adapt Health. Anything owned by Adapt Health is a “run as fast as you can” away.

Edwards & Edgepark are also on the “naughty” list for billing and shipping issues.

I had very poor experiences with Byram both for Dexcom and Tandem. They just seemed incapable of requesting chart notes and finding the responses in their system when the Joslin responded. I now use Walgreen’s for Dexcom and Reliable Diabetes for Tandem and am much happier.

Somehow everyone is responding to a very old post of mine. I think it got linked to something else.
Thanks anyway.

Somehow everyone is responding to a very old post of mine. It must have accidentally linked to a new post. Thanks anyway.

I too am looking for a new supplier … my present one has been dropping the ball lately on delivery time. . Leaving me to go 2-3days with out Dexcom Sensors

1 Like

For some reason I am getting a lot of responses to an old post of mine. It must have been accidentally linked to a more recent post.
Anyway, regarding the supplier dilemma, I have had my share of issues. I have had very negative experiences with Edgepark and Walgreens. Recently, I switched to Solara at my endocrinologist’s recommendation. Now Solara is AdaptHealth. So far I have not had any really negative issues except the right hand does not seem to know what the left hand is doing which has led to lots of calls and confusion. Despite all of that, I did receive a new pump and I have been getting my infusion sets and cartridges on time. I get my Dexcom sensors and transmitters from US Med and I really like US Med. Years ago I received some supplies from Byram and they were great. I never should have switched from Byram; I made the mistake of trying to consolidate suppliers and I chose the wrong one (Edgepark).

I am just hoping things continue to go well now.

Jane

1 Like

@still_young_at_heart ,

Once you understand Byram & there operation, you would be happier. Any vendor that doesn’t cross all of the Ts & dot all of the Is is open to chargebacks from insurance. Byram works with all insurance companies to determine their requirements and then complies with the requirements.

Cut, dried, and simple.

@Jay6

My experience was very different. I am sure that they are good at preventing problems with chargebacks but they managed to continually lose faxes from my endo’s office among other customer service problems. I’m glad you like them - I did not and am much happier to live without them.

1 Like

Up until December 2023, I woudl have suggested Byrum. But after the mess I went through to get supplies, I cannot do that at this time.

I have just spent 3 weeks trying to get CGM supplies from USMed. They were perfect until this fiasco. Supposedly, I will receive them on January 16th.

Many folks can do restarts on G6, sometimes just to deal with delays like this. (Restart means you take out transmitter, but leave sensor on skin. Wait 20 minutes, then put back transmitter. Some get 5-10 more days from each sensor.

This is why I will stay on G6 as long as possible. Not sure if G7s can be restarted.

Supplier strategy The one thing I was taught by an Anthem BCBS rep for any supplier is:
[1] if your doc sends anything to the supplier, get a full copy.
[2] have the document in electronic form on you computer.
[3] if the supplier gives you any guff, call customer support.
[4] if customer service says “we don’t have the doc",
[5] tell them you will email an electronic replacement
[6] insist on the rep’s email & email the doc with telephonic and reply email confirmation.
[7] if you get the forms room or similar must do the scanning, they must have screwed up, so email is the way to go.
[8] once the customer no-service verbally & by email reply confirms receipt, tell the clerk to assure your doc’s document gets in the system since you now have confirmation it HAS been received.
Hope this helps with the game strategy.