What do you put your RileyLink in?

I am omni looping and use the RileyLink. For the phone, I’m using an iPhone SE. I bought a credit card pouch that sticks on the back of the phone that was recommended, but it is separating and peeling off. I think it is just too big.

So I’m looking for some recommendations!

I thought I remember somewhere someone recommending an iPhone wireless earbud case of some sort, but can’t find it?

What are you using?

I am currently using this attached to my belt loop or my bag:

Buffway Car Key case,Genuine Leather Car Smart Key Chain Keychain Holder Metal Hook and Keyring Zipper Bag for Remote Key Fob - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FQCL8OS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_WlapDb8VWJN6R

These type cases also work well. I think this is what you were referring to:

UGREEN Earbud Case Earphone Carrying Case Holder Storage Bag Headphone Mini Pouch Compatible for Wireless Beats Bose Earbuds, Airpods, Bluetooth Headset, Wall Charger USB Adapter Cable with Carabiner https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B471MVV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JiapDb16H75YX

Good ?, Brad. Mine is getting full of tobacco. I was going to go make one down at the leather working shop in town.

That thing is not going to fit in an AirPods charging/storage case. Two second Google search, from the RileyLink website:

Really, I’ve heard different Jason99. Guess I’ll have to go to Best Buy or somewhere and try it myself.

I’ve heard of those hard cases but they are a bit pricey for me for custom plastic.

That leather case looks beautiful! Is it water proof? How’s the leather quality?

Blockquote

I don’t know anything about the cases or the RileyLink. I Googled it to see what you were talking about. Here’s a photo of the latest version of the Apple wireless Airpods with wireless charging case that I just photographed. I don’t know how big the RileyLink is, but I doubt it will fit in the Apple case.
image|375x500

Totally understand Jason99. No, I was referring to a case very similar to the one you posted above. I think the one I remember was by case logic?

Anyone who has a rileylink omnipod version care to comment on what you are using? I was hoping to stay < $20. Pictures if you can.

How big is the link? Is it the same size as a thumb drive? I’m in a spending mood right now, I need to look at anything but Sweetwater’s website. Helping you shop is greatly helping me save thousands of dollars right now.

Approx 3"x1.5"x.75" when I measured mine here at work using an online ruler. Need something well padded but that is not a tight fit. Ideally water resistant if not water proof for rain/bad weather.

I just looked at the current offerings specifically designed for the unit, you’re not going to spend less than $50. There’s always other options. I’ll start combing the internet, and post links to cases that might fit your needs

@BradP Sadly it’s not waterproof. Given the price point, the leather quality is pretty good.

Can someone do me a huge favor and get actual dimensions of the omnipod version of the RileyLink with antena? Not sure mine are accurate as I pulled up an online ruler and am questioning my dimensions above. If I’m right, it looks like that 2nd case https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B471MVV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JiapDb16H75YX (3.15 x 3.15 x 1.57 inch) might work but unsure.

The case @msmusiq posted looks pretty good. I can’t find anything to match those exact measurements. The waterproof metal pill containers are just not big enough by a fraction. @BradP are you going to clip this to your belt? The best option I can find is his one:
https://www.amazon.com/Vertical-Insulin-Universal-Holster-AGOZ/dp/B0117YATT4/ref=zg_bs_3761461_23?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TWQKDTY7KSYBKCT4ZHKN

Dexcom will give you a free faux leather case for the G5 receiver if you request it. It is form fitting to the receiver. I have one somewhere, if you want it, I’ll send it to you.

Thanks for the offer. I don’t use the G5 receiver. Haven’t decided, but most likely will clip it to my diabetes bag so I like the idea of the carbiner. I may also keep it in my pocket if the case is small enough.

I meant the RileyLink could be kept in the Dexcom case. Sorry to confuse you.

Ah I see. Makes sense. PMd you. Thanks.

Hi Brad,
We are using a case that is made specifically for the RileyLink from a 3d printer. It attaches directly the back of your iPhone case! Here is the link to see a photo of the case : RileyLink Phone ToughCase by achkars - Thingiverse
(instead of the two pieces of the riley link being side by side, we have ours played out length wise like this case allows).
You can also see other patterns for other configurations at this link: https://www.google.com/search?q=3d+printer+pattern+for+rileylink&client=safari&sa=X&rls=en&sxsrf=ALeKk01FxHVR0BqoTfaJ2UURZbe4rZruHA:1596661855092&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=lT_52wnwMPpU7M%252C5tDpcuv_5WkANM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kSVEA8NtX-Sp-FcIkUnjRks1GBd6Q&ved=2ahUKEwjfxsv1_ITrAhVlMX0KHdLgDlUQ9QEwA3oECAkQBQ&biw=1382&bih=722#imgrc=MVfA-LXYD4NK9M

Here is a water resistant case:

W2_Case_Square_PoolOutdoosmall

Hi Stephanie!
Just be aware, that case won’t work with the older non-wireless charging Riley Links; only the recently (June 2020?) released wireless charge Riley Link.

You can modify an older Riley Link to work, but it does take some very careful soldering as you have to solder on the wireless charger.

I use a soft pouch that came with my hearing aid and the Riley length fits inside it very well and then I carry it in one pocket and my iPhone in the other. I found the looping program seems to drain the battery rather quickly so I also bought a battery case for my iPhone 7 and now I don’t have to worry about my phone dying on me. It does add a little bulk and extra weight though.